(Non-Credit) Ministry Training Program in Black Church Leadership
Ministry Training Program In Black Church Leadership
The Institute for Black Church Studies will offer four seminars and two instructional videos.
Courses and videos will be offered at a CBF Church in the Bahamas.
After the completion of six courses, students will complete a writing lab and accompanying assignment.
Upon successful completion of three-day training, each participant will be awarded a Certificate in Black Church Leadership suitable for framing.
- Black Church Studies
- Biblical Interpretation in Black Church Traditions
- Theology in Black Church Traditions
- The Prophetic Tradition and Black Church Traditions
- The Spirituality of Black Preaching
- Instructional Videos on 21st Century Ministry in Black Churches
- Effective Teaching for Black Churches (instructional video by Geneva Nelson)
- Technology in Teaching (instructional video by David Cassady)
- Pastoral Care and Trauma for Black Churches (instructional video by Anastasia Holman)
- All students are required to purchase Stacey Floyd-Thomas, et al. Black Church Studies: An Introduction (Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2007).